Saturday, March 12, 2011

Chocolate Chip Mint Ice-Cream Pie

One of my favorites!I usually make this in the summer,but the warm day today put me in the mood for ice-cream.A few green sprinkles and a few drops of green food coloring,and it is perfect for St. Patrick's Day!I made my own crust for this,but feel free to use a store bought chocolate crust.

Crust Ingredients:
Oreo cookies(approxinately 24)
1 tbsp. sugar
1/4 c.butter,melted
Place the cookies and sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until you have crumbs.In a small bowl,combine the melted butter and the crumbs.Press into a pie plate,along the bottom and the sides.Bake at 350 degrees,for 10 minutes.Let cool.

Filling:
one half gallon of mint chocolate chip ice-cream(softened)
4-5 drops of green food colcoring(optional)
     Mix the food coloring into the ice cream,and pour into the cooled cookie crust.Place in the freezer for 20 minutes.

Topping:
1 pint of heavy cream
1 tbsp. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
   In the bowl of your mixer,blend the three ingredients until stiff peak form.Spread on top of the ice-cream,and decorate as desired.
***I do not like to buy green mint chocolate chip ice-cream because it is loaded with preservatives.I usually stick to all-natural ice-creams,and add a dab of my own food coloring.

No comments:

Post a Comment